JBL Ammonium Test NH4 – Quick test to determine ammonium/ammonia content in freshwater/marine water aquariums and in ponds
- Simple and reliable monitoring of the aquarium/pond water values. Checks the biological balance (bacterial activity) in freshwater and marine water
- Laboratory comparator system to compensate any inherent water colouring: fill glass vials with sample water, add reagents to another vial, place vials in holder, read values on colour chart
- When to use: for setting up a new freshwater aquarium: once a day. Initial setup with marine water: once a week. For use in case of fish diseases or fish deaths
- Online Laboratory: free analysis and recommendations for the water values you have measured
- Package contents: 1 quick test, Ammonium Test NH4. Contents for approx. 50 measurements. Incl. 3 reagents, 2 glass vials with screw cap, syringe, comparator block and colour scale. Refill reagents available separately
Healthy aquarium/healthy pond with conditions close to nature
The right water values are dependent on the fish stock and the plants in the aquarium/pond. Even if the water looks clear it can be contaminated. With bad values diseases or algae can appear in the aquarium/pond. To maintain a healthy aquarium/pond with conditions close to nature it is important to check and adapt the water values regularly.
For each water analysis JBL provides water tests in the form of quick tests or colour change tests. These determine a certain value or several values in one go. With these water tests you can recognise algae problems and negative nitrate, nitrite, potassium, magnesium values etc.
The degradation or mineralisation process of all organic substances in the aquarium and pond follows these stages: proteins > ammonium > nitrite > nitrate. By measuring these stages conclusions can be drawn about the “functioning” of the systems aquarium and pond. If the ammonium or nitrite level is too high it can lead to disturbances of the bacterial balance. Ammonium